32/40 hours per week, location Wageningen, The Netherlands, available immediately
FutureWater is looking for an experienced project manager for our expanding international activities, particularly in Asia and Africa. At FutureWater you work in a dynamic organization, independently or in a team, on both organizational and technical aspects of challenging projects at the interface of water management, agriculture, nature-based solutions, and climate change. The following tasks and responsibilities are associated with the vacant position:
- Project planning and coordination of budget and resources, internal task division and supervision, communication and cooperation with partner organizations (private sector, NGO, universities)
- Working directly with clients to ensure project scope and expectations are well-aligned, deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget, and projects are conducted and completed smoothly and successfully
- Active project acquisition by maintaining and expanding the company network of potential partners and clients
- Technical contribution to projects – implementation of hydrological models, remote sensing and/or other tools, depending on skills and ambition of the successful candidate (25-50% of the time)
The ideal candidate has an academic background in hydrology, water management and/or agriculture (MSc), followed by at least 8 years of progressively responsible, professional experience.
Further requirements include:
- Proven planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrable experience with project management and contact with clients, ideally demonstrated by successful completion of multiple international projects of size > €100k
- A sizable existing network of relevant public and private organizations, in The Netherlands and/or abroad
- Affinity and experience with spatial modelling and programming (e.g. Python, R)
- Fluent in English (required) and Dutch (preferred)
- Valid permission to work in The Netherlands
In the event of proven suitability, there is the possibility of a permanent employment contract.
FutureWater is a research and consultancy company with the objective of contributing to the sustainable management of water, worldwide. FutureWater focuses on the application and development of scientific methods and concepts to provide advice and solutions in the field of water management. Simulation models, Geographic Information Systems, remote sensing and innovative data processing techniques play a key role in this. Activities take place in the Netherlands and abroad. Typical clients include World Bank, Asian Development Bank, NGOs, river basin organizations, national and regional governments, and research organization.
More information or apply?
Interested? Send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy is open until a suitable candidate is found.