32/40 hours per week, location Wageningen, The Netherlands, starting date TBD
FutureWater is looking for an experienced agricultural water expert for our expanding international activities, particularly in Asia and Africa, who has affinity with technical tasks but also appetite for leading and coordinating some of the projects. At FutureWater you work in a dynamic organization, independently or in a team, on both organizational and technical aspects of challenging projects at the interface of water management, agriculture, nature-based solutions, and climate change. The following tasks and responsibilities are associated with the position:
- Lead analytical work in projects on the interface of water resources and agriculture
- Provide technical support and guidance within the team around these topics
- Work directly with clients to ensure project scope and expectations are well-aligned, and deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget
- Project planning and coordination of budget and resources, and communication and cooperation with partner organizations (private sector, NGO, universities)
- Collaborate on or lead project proposals and have affinity with project acquisition
It is expected that about half of the work will consist of technical contribution to projects (data analysis, modeling, interpretation of results, reporting), and half of the time to the other tasks and responsibilities listed here.
The ideal candidate has an academic background in agro-hydrology, irrigation, or agricultural water management, followed by at least 5 years of progressively autonomous, professional experience.
Further requirements include:
- Proven planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrable experience with contact with clients, ideally demonstrated by successful completion of multiple international projects
- An existing network of relevant public and private organizations, in The Netherlands and/or abroad
- Experience with crop water modeling or similar (e.g. AquaCrop or CROPWAT)
- Affinity with programming (e.g. Python, R) is appreciated
- Affinity with climate smart or precision agriculture
- Fluent in English (required) and Dutch (preferred)
- Valid permission to work in The Netherlands (already obtained)
In the event of proven suitability, there is the possibility of a permanent employment contract.
FutureWater is a research and consultancy company with the objective of contributing to the sustainable management of water, worldwide. FutureWater focuses on the application and development of scientific methods and concepts to provide advice and solutions in the field of water management. Simulation models, Geographic Information Systems, remote sensing, innovative data processing techniques and training play a key role in this. Activities take place in the Netherlands and abroad. Typical clients include World Bank, Asian Development Bank, NGOs, river basin organizations, national and regional governments, and research organization.
More information or apply?
Interested? Send your application letter and CV to email@example.com.
This vacancy is open until a suitable candidate has been found.